Friday 4 June 2010

ModNation Racers

I've been playing this karting effort from Sony for most of the day. First impressions are that it's a pretty solid racer, with lots of nice little touches and race modes, etc. But where it really comes in to its own is in the customization department. It's very much akin to LittleBigPlanet in ethos i.e. it allows you to customize your character, your kart, and even create your own tracks which can be shared with the online community. You can rate other people's efforts, too.

It's too early for me to say whether this will have the same long-term appeal that LBP has had for me, but it's certainly a lot of fun so far. Admittedly, I've never really been a huge racing fan, so it may be that I lose enthusiasm for it sooner rather than later, but it's definitely worth at least a rental.

No comments:

Post a Comment